Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Twin Linked Bio-Justice!

In keeping with my current Carnifex obsession (I have three armless Fexi doing noseplants on my table) I've been considering how to make the coolest, yet still feasible, twin linked devourers. It's also worth noting that working on Carnifexi is a handy way to avoid working on actual Gaunts.

Some may disagree with me, but I feel there are problems with the devourers that come with the Carnifex. First, there are only two. This means that, with the pieces supplied, one can only equip one twin linked devourer. Second, the arms that actually hold the devourers are puny. This is a Carnifex, not a Zoat! He should have brawny, muscle-corded arms. If one were to look at the arms that hold the devourers, one would think "pew pew." Pew pew does not befit a Carnifex. One should think of a Death Star-like 'VRWOOZZM' when seeing a gun toting Carnifex.

Dear readers, you might think that the lack of devourers in the Carnifex box would be a hindrance. In this you would be mistaken. As it turns out, I have quite a few spare devourers thanks to my many boxes of Gaunts. "But James," you exclaim. "The arms holding the Gaunt devourers are punier even than those of the Carnifex!" Aha! but I will not be using the Gaunt arms. I will simply slice them away, like a jeweler cutting a fine diamond, leaving me with a devourer, a gem which I will affix to the end of a Deathspitter.

The Deathspitter arms, are actually quite substantial. Not as burly as the Venom Cannon arm, but still adequate for my purposes. Now supplied with what is essentially a devourer rifle, I will place this in the topmost arm slot. In the lower arm slot, I will place the puny devourer. But then (and this is the master stroke) I will use green stuff to make a tentacular bio-connection between the two weapons, thus achieving Twin Linkery. I will repeat this whole process for the other side of the model and thus I will have achieved balance between aesthetics and an accurate representation of the DakkaFex's weaponry. No pew pew for you, young DakkaFex.

1 comment:

washout said...

true brlliance in the face of bad model design.