Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Perilous Pets

Day 4:
Day 4? or 3? I've lost track already. Still no super glue, but I did get some green stuff, or epoxy putty, as the commoners call it. I was preparing to use it, first by carefully reading the instructions. The instructions stressed the importance of water to make the green stuff less sticky. Thus informed, I filled a bowl of water and left it on the table with my bitz and such. I finished my preparations by playing Warcraft for the rest of the day.

Thus mentally refreshed, I returned the next day to the table to find that my cat (The Jingles) had lapped up all of my water! The bowl was empty but for a few telltale cat hairs and my preparations were in ruins! I was forced to refill the bowl. Needless to say, this setback was a blow to morale. In the end, I did finish the devourer conversions for one of my DakkaFexi. However, I am saddened to report that, apart from half-heartedly picking up a Gaunt sprue and setting it down again, I have made no further Gaunt-related progress.

I have to say, I'm curious as to how The Jingles avoided my carefully laid traps of puddles of Testors Model Cement, X-Acto knives, and half assembled Carnifexi. Perhaps The Jingles cunningly waited for the "glue" to dry before making his (or her) assault on my bowl of water. If so, then The Jingles is alarmingly more clever than I had previously given him (or her) credit for.

No comments: