Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hive Fleet Procrastination

Two more days and no models assembled. Why? Why you ask, dear readers? I am happy to tell you.

First, now that I have enough Hormagaunts for my 1500 point army (which is, by the way, exactly 1500 points - +awesome is one of my personal stats), I don't feel a great incentive to assemble more Hormagaunts, much less the Termagants that I so vehemently despise.

Second, I spend very little time in the room in which I assemble these critters. As a consequence, I am spared guilt inducing glimpses of sad, half-clipped sprues of Gaunts. In much the same way as my Firebird languished without a radiator in my garage for a year or two, it is possible for me to forget about my Gaunts. Of course, the problem is that this blog itself serves as a reproachful reminder.

Third, the model I really want to be working on is my flying Tyrant. I ordered the wings from Games Workshop, but they are out of stock. Probably they are just hiding them in a corner, while reading this and chortling. I thought I might get some more Genestealers to tide me over, but the local game shop was out. I suppose that I could put my Tyrant together sans wings (I did at last acquire some Krazy Glue), but it is in my nature to use the lack of wings as an excuse to procrastinate.

P.S. Dear readers, you couldn't know this, but when entering a post, Blogger tempts me with a 'label' option. Even more tempting are the example labels ("scooters, vacation, fall"). These example labels only serve to goad me toward making the label for every post "scooters, vacation, fall," even though these things have very little to do with Tyranids. But then I get to thinking about what Gaunts on vacation would be like. Obviously the slower Gaunts would want scooters in order to keep up with the Hormagaunts scampering playfully ahead. Perhaps a brood of Warriors would shepherd them along a boardwalk or a beach where they would set up umbrellas, lay down big, fluffy towels, and frolic in the surf. I think there would even be lifeguards on the beach. A David Hasselgaunt, if you will. Perhaps even a Pamagant Anderson. This is Gaunt Watch, after all.

P.P.S. Strangely, Hasselgaunt and Pamagant are not in the spell checker.

P.P.P.S. A David Hasselgaunt conversion would be the most awesome conversion ever!

No comments: