Thursday, May 4, 2023

Hive Fleet Insomnia has Awakened(?)!

Space friends! Avid readers amongst you may have noticed a small gap since my last update. Rest assured, Hive Fleet Insomnia still exists. I never did finish even as much as de-spruing all the little rascals, but nonetheless, I ensured that they all ended up in a new and loving home where, one expects, they have likely been assembled and painted. Or they may have all died in the pandemic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Only my friend Jeff could say.

Still, that doesn't mean my interest in Warhammer 40k has waned. I've been intrigued by the return of the Dark Angels primarch in the recent lore. And there's a new version of the game dropping soon. That said, I'm unlikely to attempt buying and assembling another army. Far more likely is that I would 3D print another army. 

Of course, there are many open questions regarding such an endeavor. Where will I get the 3D models? Will I customize them myself, with my extremely rudimentary Blender skills? That's really only two open questions. However, I still feel they provide a rich and nourishing environment for the level of procrastination that my readers have come to expect and, I hope, appreciate.

No comments: