Saturday, May 20, 2023

Touched by Nurgle

Grandfather Nurgle has bestowed me with a blessing. A cheeky little infection known colloquially as "Covid". So far this has manifested in vanishingly few pustules, carnivorous corpses flies, etc. Instead it's been a somewhat banal mix of symptooms. A remarkably high fever, some achiness, minor coughing, and malaise. As much as I appreciate the Plague Lord's thoughtful gift, I am pleased that the few friends and family I've recently encountered have not also received his largesse. I want all those Chaos super powers for myself!

 (Side note, the woman in front of me on the plane, and the man behind, who both spent the whole flight coughing with their MOUTHS UNCOVERED, can DIAF. Even absent a global pandemic, it was once generally considered impolite to spew one's personal viral biome unimpeded into the lungs of innocent bystanders. Now, for many, it's a badge of honor to be inconsiderate dickholes.)

Whilst laboring under the delirium of the aforementioned fever, I once again considered how and if I should attempt to assemble another army. Jeff kindly offered to return Hive Fleet Insomnia to its original home (mine), even going so far as to hint that some of the gaunts and gants might be assembled, if that would serve as enticement for me to paint them. Chris likewise spent much time extolling the various quick painting methods that would produce a serviceable army. I was coyly non-committal, of course.

I remain resolved that, if I were to create another army, it will be done so with the finest of home artisanal manufacturing methods (i.e., 3D printed). The problem remains one of 3D models, and my lack thereof. Various researches into the bowels of YouTube and Google have hinted at rich troves of such models, on Patreon perhaps, but I have not yet unlocked the secrets of such sources.

All this is to say, that despite the urgings of my fever-borne insanity, I'm no closer to an army than I was 15 years ago. 

P.S. Someone should really have made a 3D model/print file format called STC, because, come on... There are few more obvious gimmes in the universe.

No comments: