Sunday, March 2, 2008

Hive Fleet Kidnap

Well, at last Chris has done it. His weeks of persistent effort in trying to find a time when I'll be at home and awake payed off and now... now Chris has taken nearly all of my assembled Tyranids. To paint them. Perhaps to cuddle them. I don't know. He even took my spore mines and rippers!

I say 'nearly' because the one model he did not take was my biovore. He has a thing against biovores. I don't hold this against him. I dislike termagants, for example. It is odd that he took my spore mines and not my biovore, though. I guess my biovore will have to be played in his current, stylishly black, form.

Occasionally, Chris sends me colorful, yet blurry, photos of my Tyranids in their bondage. I hope they are not in too much distress. Perhaps if I assemble the rest of my Hormagaunts, and perhaps some Warriors, they will be enough to mount a rescue mission, or maybe a prisoner exchange.

P.S. Where have I been, you ask? I don't really know. I can't account for my time over the past month very well. I suppose I could make something up, but probably I've just been playing guitar, video games, and reading. I may have done some walking, since the weather was absurdly fair for February. I have to say that I am wary of walking around in the Spring, since the weather and I have historically had an adversarial relationship. This year though, so far so good.

4 comments:

washout said...

I'm thinking that you should add a painted counter to your numbers on the side there. So far I've completed painting both carnifexes and the hive tyrant.

I should stop to tell you how I am painting them. It takes about 7 or 8 steps.

1. Base coat black.
2. drybrush white over skin type areas and guns
3. drybrush red over the while
4. ink red over the red
5. use black to clean up all the overbrushing all over the shells and claws
6. pick out gooy areas with green
7. coat with gloss to make it look slimy and organic.

Only the above have been completely painted. A large amount of the rest have been painted up to step 4. Namely all of the larger guys 15 genestealers and 8 hormagaunts.

Also dave played your tyranids and got a draw tonight vs. ultramarines, so the tyranids are so far undefeated.

Also john is going to put a 40k table in his garage, all we need to do is buy the materials and put it in. And then build a bunch of terrain.

Another item of note, we assembled all the buildings from the cities of death box and they have been prepped and base coated. After I acquire some cheap acrylic metallics to drybrush them with and then paint the many, many skulls they will no doubt look amazing. We also have 10 feet of roads that they sell in a convenient roll. No doubt these roads and buildings will look amazing when we do an upcoming apocalypse battle. Maybe you will participate.

washout said...

p.s.

You should build more carnifexes. Another gun fex, either dakka or shooty, would help a great deal. I'd advise using some way to make the upper arms ever larger however, as well as possibly using a tusked head to make it look more menacing. They also need to have spine banks since it adds two to the number of shooting attacks.

washout said...

I'd also be thrilled to know if the new glue is working out for you, or if it is simply languishing on your table.

washout said...

p.p.p.s. I also think you should put half devourers and half spinefists on the remmma