Monday, February 4, 2008

I Had A Better Weekend Than You

I'm not talking about the Super Bowl (which I didn't even watch, although it turns out I was disappointed yet again by the Patriots, so perhaps it was for the best). Instead I went Friday night to a Sky Cries Mary show in Seattle. However, before that, my friends and I ended up going to a party. Some amount of drinking was done along with other recreational endeavours. We returned to the venue of the show where the opening band basically rocked. After the show, we went back to the party. Suffice to say, I didn't get to sleep until 2 in the afternoon the next day. At some point Saturday morning, Chris called to see if I wanted to get together to do some assembly, painting, or some combination thereof. I had to inform him that this would not be happening as I was still in Seattle and had not slept.

That is not to say that Warhammer went completely neglected! For most of the night, granted, it was completely forgotten. However, when I got home, I did carefully explain to a friend about the drawbacks of Testors. I also attempted to illustrate (I think unsuccessfully) how I intended to convert a Carnifex into a DakkaFex. I showed him, also, the carefully laid out piles of Termagants which have yet to still be assembled. So, as you can see, Warhammer got its due, even though in a completely unproductive way. The fact is that the sad, sad Termagants remain unassembled.

P.S. Thanks to DD for the hospitality and excellent evening, and also, the book recommendations. Also, apologies for keeping you up until 7 in the morning.

3 comments:

SweeC said...

Hey, I saw you are a fan of Sky Cries Mary. They are SO good.. I heard a few songs that are on their new CD "Small Town" that is coming out soon.. Its actually going to be released digitally on April 1st! Im so excited!!! I cant wait to hear some of the songs on the radio! I heard some stations in the Seattle area like Rainydawg are going to be playing some songs in the near future! AWESOME!

washout said...

Oh man you totally need to let me steal all the monstrous creatures. I painted that one carnifex and now I want to paint the rest. :(

washout said...

I painted like 8 tau battlesuits in 3 or 4 hours so I could probably do like 8 dudes a day pretty easily until they were all done.